1. One pair of very nearly dead Nike Structure Triax running shoes. These are my tried and tested best friends – you will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands. Well thats until I unwrap the new ones I bought in London that I’ve been saving for the race (worn in of course).
2. A variety of Nike socks . However these are relatively grey by months of use and mixing my coloureds in the wash.
3. Nike+ thing-a-me-bob and ipod. I have a relatively methodical, practical (read anal) mind so I like to know my speed, distance, average pace, all these things it does as well as show me how rubbish I am.
4. Multiple pairs of running shorts. I must say I don’t wear the old hip skimming poly shorts – you know the ones from the eighties that flap in the wind? Nasty. There’s a lovely lady here that makes the best shorts, great flattering fit, two massive zipped pockets into which you can fit at least 6 Gus, toilet paper and car keys. Check out Femme Sportif. It never fails to amaze me that the shorts in the ‘running’ section of most stores only have an inside pocket which is barely big enough to fit a credit card never mind all the race paraphernalia necessary to prevent loss of life.
5. Sports bras – My Sweaty Betty one has been used three times a week for about five years and still going strong.
6. Running vests, mostly in black. Plus my wonderful mesh AAC race vest. My friend likened it to the bag you get oranges in and she’s not wrong. However ugly usually equals comfortable, and even on a marathon you can’t feel you’re wearing it.
7. Cap and sunglasses, most necessary in the Cape summer when the runner only manages to crawl out of bed at midday due to raging hangover?.
8. Wrist sweat band. Pretty nasty, but you can’t take your gym towel with you on a race.
9. Watch, all important accessory to make you look professional on the road. Mainly used to look awesome when running past some nice looking men on Sea Point Promenade
10. Hair bands and pins. Having a long barnet generally gets in the way (name one famous runner that didn’t have a crew cut male or female).
One thought on “Running Kit”
My brother recommended I might like this web
site. He was once entirely right. This publish truly made my day.
You cann’t believe just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!